This is an "in the Catholic Weeds article" for Roman Catholics and sympathetic Orthodox Christians. If you are not one or the other move along.
In terms of the mind war, people are ever asking me, "who or what is a credible source" or "who is a truth teller" and they get angry with me when I say "there are none." Then they make suggestions and offer sources and sometimes actually cajole me, even harass me demanding that I give them MY references to credible sources. I say, "Look, I'm telling you not to believe me until you have done your research, and NO there are no credible sources. Every News Source has a bias, an agenda, at the very least and most are pure propaganda tools."
Church Militant dot com, is NOT a propaganda tool, and is a very reliable source on "certain subjects" like the growing apostasy in the Roman Catholic Church, and clearly exposes many aspects of the Cultural Marxist challenge to both society and church in the public square. But even Church Militant presses a Vatican II agenda, pressing for, even promoting an aspect of Cultural Marxism without realizing it.
The following ludicrous text was published by Church Militant in an article entitled, "Vatican II Is on Our Side." Now please, if you are a stupid Bible Literalist, Evangelical, Protestant and/or Agnostic or Atheist, please don't fall to the temptation to blast this article with anti-catholic IGNORANCE. Nothing you have to say on the subject has any interest to me or my audience.
Here is a link to the original article [LINK].
Here is the level of truth you can except from Church Militant dot com.
Excerpt from article:
The following quotations from "Sacrosanctum Concilium" are taken from the sections wherein the Council prescribes norms for the liturgy. These rules were supposed to be obeyed, but have instead been ignored or defied.
36. Particular law remaining in force, the use of the Latin language is to be preserved in the Latin rites.
28. In liturgical celebrations each person, minister or layman, who has an office to perform, should do all of, but only, those parts which pertain to his office by the nature of the rite and the principles of liturgy.
116. The Church acknowledges Gregorian chant as specially suited to the Roman liturgy: therefore, other things being equal, it should be given pride of place in liturgical services.
120. In the Latin Church the pipe organ is to be held in high esteem, for it is the traditional musical instrument which adds a wonderful splendor to the Church's ceremonies and powerfully lifts up man's mind to God and to higher things.
But other instruments also may be admitted for use in divine worship, with the knowledge and consent of the competent territorial authority [Did anyone from your parish ask the Bishop's permission before they started using guitars at Mass?], as laid down in Art. 22, 52, 37 and 40. This may be done, however, only on condition that the instruments are suitable, or can be made suitable, for sacred use, accord with the dignity of the temple, and truly contribute to the edification of the faithful.
3. Therefore no other person, even if he be a priest, may add, remove, or change anything in the liturgy on his own authority.
23. Finally, there must be no innovations unless the good of the Church genuinely and certainly requires them; and care must be taken that any new forms adopted should in some way grow organically from forms already existing.
32. The liturgy makes distinctions between persons according to their liturgical function and sacred Orders, and there are liturgical laws providing for due honors to be given to civil authorities. Apart from these instances, no special honors are to be paid in the liturgy to any private persons or classes of persons, whether in the ceremonies or by external display.
The actual text of Vatican II fully supports authentic Catholicism. Good Catholics need to be familiar with it, so that whenever it is invoked to justify needless innovations, we can turn it back on them. Although some good priests are already working in their parishes to restore an authentic understanding and implementation of Vatican II, they need the help and support of the laity.
The level of ignorance the presentation of these "rules" represent on the part of the author, equating Latin with orthodoxy, and believing "orthodox" worship is governed by the "instruments used" thereby missing entirely the offenses of the late Vatican II liturgical reforms, is staggering; and further, the inherent heresy and collective invitation to heresy these "rules" represent and invite is even more staggering.
When ChurchMilitant speaks about the evils of abortion, the Gay Agenda, and other Cultural Marxist challenges to Christians, the Church and American Society in general, the truth bell rings clearly, but when they deign to teach orthodox Catholic Theology, beware. It is not deception that causes their distortions, but rather the level of religious distortions they accept, in ignorance, as their base "orthodoxy."
theepochtimes.com | Donald Trump | Barack Obama | spying By Jasper Fakkert 10-13 minutes During the heat of th...
So what is the real situation six months into the Trump Administration? It is amazing really and those still watching the FAKE News KNOW N...
I TOLD you that these people were engaging in hypnotic mind control. The CRUZ campaign has ADMITTED it. It doesn't get anymore cynical a...
<smile> Ann CoulterVerified account @AnnCoulter "Having the usual tough Monday? Take heart: Trump is in the White House, Wein...