Petition against Corpus Christi. Some Idiot just asked me to sign a petition to ban a movie "HOAX" that blasphemes Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Most of you would deftly and ignorantly sign the petition and pass it on. THINK!
(1) Most times petitions against a movie are created by the producers of the movie through second parties to create hype, to advertise the movie or book. (I could write another article, dated though it would be about how the Christian Right made tens of millions of dollars for the Producers of "Deep Throat" a gross porn flick back in the day. Those Christian voices were paid well. )
(2) When you successfully "ban" a movie on grounds of "Blasphemy" you empower ISLAM, setting a precedent for repression of free speech. And Islam's threshold for "Blasphemy" is a lot easier to trigger than the Christian Standard. In fact, ANY TRUE THING STATED ABOUT ISLAM IN PUBLIC, according to Islam is Blasphemy.
(3) I grieve when people are so ignorant or hate filled that they need to blaspheme Jesus Christ. But do not put obstacles (laws - cultural norms) in place blocking me from telling the truth about Mohammed, Joseph Smith, Helena Blavatsky, Charles W. Leadbeater, etc. You see these people really were the sexual degenerates the new movie is supposedly trying to paint Jesus and his Apostles as. What if it was against the law to say so?
(a.) The Christian Governor of Jakarta just yesterday was sentenced to two years in prison for Blasphemy. What was his crime? In a speech, he quoted a verse from the Koran, that TRULY reflects Islam, that was not complimentary to Islam.
(b.) Even the actress Brigitte Bardot has paid tens of thousands of dollars and endured prison, now multiple times, for "Blasphemy against Islam" they call "hate-speech crimes."
(c.) Thousands of people in Europe are fined and imprisoned for Blasphemy i.e. hate-speech ever year.
(4) You see the names "Blasphemy and hate-speech" are interchangeable. When you say what is true about sodomites, in the U.S. that is "hate-speech." When you tell the truth about the insanity of the LGBTYXEBS movement, that is "hate-speech." When you tell the truth about Mormonism, that is hate-speech. When you tell the truth about Islam, that is hate-speech. When you tell the truth about "liberalism and neo-conservatism, that is hate-speech. The truth is, I rarely put a word to paper, that is not considered blasphemous by someone.
(5) The bottom line is if you don't want Luciferians, Satanists, Atheists, Pagans, and Degenerates of all sorts, controlling your speech, don't try to control theirs. Rather COUNTER their LIES with TRUTH.
(6) The particular movie Corpus Christi DOES NOT EXIST. The note triggered a memory:
In January 1985 Ann Landers published a letter from the Attorney General’s office of Illinois which tried to set the record straight. Back then it was Modern Film News (not Modern People News) who supposedly had offices in Illinois, which is how that state got dragged into this issue). People were exhorted to write to Attorney General
Dear Ann Landers:
The office of the Attorney General of the State of Illnois respectfully requests your assistance in combating an international chain letter that is distressing hundreds and thousands of Christians and those of other faiths as well.
The chain letter is a plea to protest “in the strongest possible language” the making of a movie in which Jesus Christ could be depicted as a swinging homosexual. Both this office and the Associated Press have chased down every possible clue and cannot find a shred of truth in the story that such a film was ever in production.
Modern Film News, which reported the film plans, has been out of business for more than two years. Moreover,
Despite our efforts to get the word to the public that the chain letter is a hoax, we continue to receive approximately 1,000 protests every week and at least a dozen phone inquiries each working day. The inquiries and protests have come from
We have concluded that the “Jesus movie” rumor originated in 1977 when a suburban Chicago publication, Modern People News, reported that certain interests in Europe were planning such a film and requested that readers express their opinion of the purported project. The result was the chain-letter protest, which, for some unknown reason, has been revived and is again sweeping the world.
We are appealing to you, Ann Landers, to help us get the word out. The scope of your readership and impact on millions of newspaper readers around the world cannot be overestimated.
The postage and phone calls, not to mention the valuable time of employees, run into a great deal of money that could be used for so many worthwhile purposes. Will you please help us?
— Neil F. Hartigan, Attorney General, State of Illnois.
Who has helped stoke the fires of this lying rumor? Every IGNORANT CHRISTIAN that passed along the Chain Letter, including Jimmy Swaggart and other "names."